The “Frank J. Romeo” Police Officer of the Year Award
This award is bestowed upon a North Reading Police Officer who has demonstrated throughout the year those positive qualities and character traits that Officer Frank J. Romeo exemplified throughout his career as a North Reading Police Officer.
The qualities and character that Officer Frank Romeo lived by were: loyalty; fidelity, dedication to family, friends and work; dependability; respect; honesty; integrity and morality.These qualities and characteristics are vital and necessary for the Police Department to achieve it’s community policing philosophies.
An Officer must meet the following criteria to be qualified for the North Reading Police Department Officer of the year award:
- Has consistently demonstrated those qualities and character traits as described in the FJR award.
- Has to be or had to have served as a sworn North Reading Police Officer for a period greater than one-year.
- His or her activities as a police officer have helped the North Reading Police Department meet its goals as described in its Mission Statement.
- Has participated in or assisted in the development and implementation of Community Policing like programs or activities that have helped maintain and improve the image of the Department, improved the Department’s ability to deliver its services, and has had a positive impact on the quality of life of the residents and business community in North Reading.
- Has displayed heroism above and beyond while performing his or her duties.
- Has exemplified outstanding performance in serving the Town and its residents, while focusing on doing things right and doing the right thing, and making contributions which significantly exceed normal expectations of their job responsibility.
2012 Reserve Officer Karl Berg
2011 Detective Thomas Encarnacao
2010 Sergeant Michael Murphy and Officer James Carcia
2009 Sergeant Michael Murphy
2008 Officer Scott Tilton
2007 Sergeant Joseph Thibodeau
2006 Detective Thomas Romeo and Detective Michael Murphy
2005 Sergeant Daniel Jones
2004 Officer Bruce Donle
2003 Special Officer Frank J. Romeo