For Immediate Release
May 16, 2014
Contact: Thomas J. Romeo, Lieutenant Detective
John Guilfoil, JGPR
North Reading man arrested on numerous drug charges
NORTH READING — On Thursday May 15, 2014, North Reading Police Detectives arrested Richard J. Ward, 101 Lowell Road North Reading, Massachusetts, on numerous drug related charges stemming from a lengthy investigation of drug distribution at 235 Main Street in North Reading.
After his arrest, Ward was booked at North Reading Police Headquarters and held overnight. Ward was arraigned at Woburn District Court on Friday, May 16, 2015. Judge Gailey ordered Ward held on $20,000 cash bail. During his arraignment, Ward was formally charged with the following offenses;
• One (1) count of Trafficking in Cocaine
• Five (5) counts of Distribution of Cocaine (subsequent offenses)
• One (1) count of Possession of a Class D substance- Marijuana with Intent to Distribute (subsequent
• Two (2) counts of Drug Violations near a park
• One (1) count of Possession of a Class B substance- Percocet (subsequent offense)
• One (1) count of Possession of a Class E substance- Steroids
The details contained in the criminal complaints are allegations. The defendant is presumed to be innocent unless and until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.